From hosting practicum students to teaching Brown School Professional Development courses to presenting webinars for a national audience, our CPHSS faculty and staff members are committed to sharing knowledge and expertise with other public health professionals.
Students working with us over the years have made meaningful and lasting contributions. They have also learned about new research areas and methods including conducting tobacco control policy research, evaluating physical activity programs, using social network analysis to analyze organizational leadership structure, and translating scientific research for general audiences.
Masters level: Master of Social Work and Master of Public Health Brown School students can work with our Center to complete their practicum requirements and also as part of a Masters Research Fellowship.
Doctoral level: PhD in Social Work students and PhD in Public Health Sciences students can conduct thesis-related research under the guidance of our faculty members.
Post-doctoral level: Post-doc staff members can continue their post-graduate research under the guidance of our faculty members.
At the Brown School
Our staff members teach a variety of courses, labs, and workshops at the Brown School. Select courses include:
Brown School Courses and Skill Labs
- Skill Lab: R
- Skill Lab: Program and Project Management
- Transdisciplinary Problem Solving: Tobacco Control Policy
Brown School Professional Development Workshops & Summer Institute Courses
- Leveraging the Power of Excel for Your Program’s Data and Reporting Needs
- Presenting Your Data in Charts: Using Excel for Clearer Communication and Increased Impact
- Data Management & Visualization: Advanced Applications of R
Outside of Washington University
Through webinars, blogs, and conference presentations, our staff provides technical assistance and training to local and national audiences. Select trainings include:
- Network Analysis: Data Wrangling for Evaluators Familiar with SNA, webinar, AEA Coffee Break Webinar
- Evaluation Outreach and Enrollment Grant Activities: Introduction to Evaluation and Tools Used in St. Louis, CMS Outreach & Enrollment Webinar
- An Approach to Adding Interactivity to PDFs to Enhance Evaluation Practice
View our full list of presentations and posters.