We work toward our mission in three main focus areas:
POLICY & PREVENTION
Reducing the harmful effects of chronic disease through the development, dissemination, and implementation of public health prevention policies.
DISSEMINATION & IMPLEMENTATION
Sharing and implementing the results of public health science effectively in healthcare settings, communities, and states.
Studying the complex nature of systems, using new methodologies such as social network analysis, agent-based modeling, and system dynamics.
Working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office on Smoking and Health, we develop user guides for state programs on various tobacco prevention topics.
In collaboration with partners from Brookings, University of North Carolina, and Stanford, we use agent-based modeling to study patterns of tobacco purchasing in the retail setting.
Read our newest publication: Best Practices User Guide: Cessation in Tobacco Prevention and Control
CPHSS and the ASPiRE Center have launched a new website! Check it out at aspirecenter.org, and explore features including:
- Information about the ASPiRE Center, goals, history, team, and projects
- An overview of the ASPiRE Community Advisory Board and the 30 cities represented on the board
- A filterable library of publications from the ASPiRE Center, from journal articles, to translational products like fact sheets and interactive dashboards
- News and updates about our project and the tobacco retail environment
I appreciate the sincere help provided by my supervisor and colleagues in every step. Also, the working atmosphere here is supportive and full of positive energy. I feel that I am treated with patience, kindness, and respect.
– Xinyang Yi, Brown School Social Policy MSW 2020